WHAT IS REIKI?
Rei (Universal/Spiritual Life) Ki (Energy)
Reiki is a spiritual healing art with its roots in Japanese origin. The word Reiki comes from the Japanese words rei meaning ‘Universal Life’ and ki meaning ‘Energy’. Reiki is not associated with any religion nor is it a massage. It is a subtle and effective form of energy work using the guidance of life force energy that flows through all living things.
The art of Reiki is associated with Mikao Usui, who rediscovered the system of healing the spirit and body. His tradition and methods were passed through several grandmasters and today, Reiki takes many forms. The Usui System of Natural Healing is still the form most widely practiced. Practitioners and Master Teachers are trained through an initiation process where Masters pass on their knowledge and expertise to students.
HOW CAN A SESSION HELP YOU?
Reiki sessions can help all sorts of people in a number of ways: business leaders, teachers, medical professionals, parents, children, students and the elderly, you and me:
- Relieving stress from personal and professional pressure
- Rebalancing and revitalising mind and body and calming emotional upset
- Promoting peaceful sleep and pain relief
- Building self-confidence, promoting self-healing and self-love
- Clearing emotional and negative thoughts and removing negative energy
- Preparing the body for surgery and medical treatments
- Healing the body from trauma or surgery
- Providing comfort during loss or separation
- Providing comfort from auto-immune ailments and chronic pain
- Opening the heart to receive and give love
- Helping de-stress students during exam time
- Providing comfort during pregnancy and post delivery
- Helping calm infants and children
- Cleansing the aura and balancing the chakra